perfection gold and glass text effect

Perfect Gold Text Effect in Photoshop

Gold and glass effects are the most difficult effects to achieve in Photoshop, even more when they are combined. So, in this tutorial I will teach you how to create a combined gold and glass text effect using quick and esay tips with layer styles in Photoshop. Hands to work!

Like it?
Share with others →
What we will create in this tutorial. perfection gold and glass text effect Create a blank a black document and fill it with black. Download the metal surface texture here. Place it on the document and down the opacity to 30%. Then, open the Layer Styles panel and give it a Color Overlay style. photoshop layer styles photoshop metal texture Create a new blank layer, select the Rectangular Marquee Tool, and with a high Feather value select all your document. Press Control (CMD) + Shift + I and paint the new selected area with black. This will give us a vignette effect but a more marked effect. vignette effect Grab the Type Tool, select the akaDora font, type your text with black color in to the document, center it and take the Fill Opacity to 0%. If you don't have the akaDora font you can download it here. I highly recommend you to set a large font size because we are going to use Bevel and Emboss style to recreate a glass effect in the inner part of the text. So, the bigger the font size, better the result. I'm using about 180pt. Now, going to the interesting part, open up the Layer Styles panel and apply the following styles to this layer. photoshop layer styles The first part of the effect - the glass effect - is done. To do the rest, duplicate our text layer and remove the current Layer Styles of the duplicated layer by right clicking on it and press Clear Layer Style. Then, apply the following Layer Styles to it. photoshop layer styles   To add a final detail to our image press the D key, create a new layer fill the layer with black and go to Filter > Render > Difference Clouds. Change the layer blending mode to overlay.

Final Image

perfection gold and glass text effect
Like it?
Share with others →

99 Responses

1. George says:

Really Nice

2. [...] can read this tutorial at: Webtiago [...]

3. Julia Agnes says:

Amazing tutorial!
    Easy to follow with a stunning result :)

4. WhiteX says:

Who can I Download

5. nasr says:

this is nice ^^

6. Eljozgui says:

Awsome. Easy, even I did not get the same lightning effect but the resul is stunning !! Thanks

7. [...] Perfect Gold Text Effect in Photoshop [...]

8. alpine warrior pigeon says:

Really great tut, I followed exactly and got exactly the same results. Love the effect it produces. Many many thanks.

9. Dona says:

Thanks for a great tut! Looks just as good on another background, too.

10. albert says:

Thanks for tutorial pal :) really help me

11. Jordan Landolt says:

Awesome Tutorial, Thanks a ton!

12. Alvin Herp says:

thanks.awesome tutorial.

13. John Bautz says:

Amazing tutorial. Used this as a dividing page in my portfolio with the word “Photography” instead of Perfection. Looks great! Thanks for the tutorial.

14. @SariahLF says:

Thanks for sharing this! love it!

15. Jesie says:

Hello! You got amazing tutorial here. =) But I don’t really get the final step where I had to change to gradient style for the stroke. How do you change it to 7%, 16% and such? I’m still new with Photoshop and I find that your tutorial is really helpful. =)

16. hienwoo says:

Would you send the final file to may E-mail?

17. Dawn says:

I didn’t get the same effects either. Is it possible to fill in the missing color codes in the last part (after the glass effect section)?

18. Tobin says:

VERY nice and Purrrfect Gold! Lots of fun with you today…thanks for the hospitality ;)

19. Jorge says:

You did not state what size the document was you created at the beginning and this affects all the layer styles and final product. Could you please advise what the size was of the blank document you started with?

Could you send me the photoshop file to my email please?

20. web design says:

Thank you for some other informative site. The place else could I get that type of info written in such an ideal means? I’ve a mission that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the glance out for such information.

21. rahulsingh says:

hi, how can you that man that’s really awesome…..

22. Noe says:

Nice one..
    Excellent.
    Thanks a lot.

23. Ida B says:

Awesome tut, easy to follow, great result, thanks!

24. RaysZin says:

I really enjoyed this Tiago. Over the course of going through this tutorial I did notice that it’s not really targeted towards beginners. I in fact di learn some tips and techniques for what it’s worth. Thank You.

25. Allison Beh says:

That’s really a perfect gold text effect. Totally in awe of the result. Thank you so much for sharing the how-to.

26. water says:

For the final step, why need to press D key?
    I press D key is nothing happen?

27. Chinh says:

28. girl says:

Where the hell i can get that golden style?

29. Maria says:

Thanks for the tutorial! I used it loosely to design the header for http://www.pennysolos.info & it was very easy and surprisingly quick to follow.

30. Great tutorial thank you for sharing!!

31. RusherZ says:

walao
    thanks for tutorial ^^
    good good good ><

32. If you desire to obtain a good deal from this article then you have to apply these strategies to your won webpage.|

33. I’m not sure exactly why but this web site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.|

34. [...] using tools such as layer styles, rectangular marquee tool, opacity, filter, and difference clouds. Try it now and once you’ve mastered this effect, you can also experiment with other fonts and [...]

35. [...] In this tutorial, you will use the quick and esay tips with layer styles to create a combined gold and glass text effect in Photoshop. Source [...]

36. ululf01 says:

Thanks for another great tutorial, it was really easy to follow and I love the finished effect!
    visit

37. Anang says:

It’s great. Thanks for the share !!!

38. Benny says:

This is so great. Thank you so much. Looks so hard to make but it’s so easy. Thank you, thank you!

39. [...] this effectFoldedGet this effectThe Lost and TakenGet this effectRetro LinenGet this effectGoldGet this effectElectrified NeonGet this effectSodium Vapour LightGet this effectBattleshipGet this effectSmokeGet [...]

40. Nnamdi Ajumobi says:

Man this stuff is very bad i had to make all the time for this work send some more works man love it man

41. Marco Betti says:

it’s awesome
    really
    thanks very much for your instruction
    success for you

42. [...] Para a todos los que les gusta los tutoriales con adobe photoshop , lo interesante de photoshop es que puedes lograr editar una imagen de una manera profesional existen tutoriales difíciles y tutoriales grandes fácil, si quieres un buen tutorial aquí podemos aprender a realizar uno , los efectos de los metales realizados con photoshop siempre me resultaron interesantes ya que adobe photoshop te permite realizar efectos realistas como veremos a continuación el efecto oro , en este tutorial veremos como puedes utilizar una tipografía a darle un efecto oro , ese aspecto metálico que te servirá para cualquier trabajo de diseño Espero que este le sea de gran utilidad. Enlace: efecto metalico ro [...]

43. Nice tutorial, but i get stuck at ” take the Fill Opacity to 0%” the text is not visible after this, but in the tutorials pic above the text is visible.

44. zhi-huang says:

hello,i come from china. i like photoshop!

45. kd1991 says:

followed exactly, but did not work

46. [...] Perfect Gold Text Effect in Photoshop [...]

47. Brilliant!
    Glitzy, too!!
    The first word describes you and the second combined with the first describes the tutorial and the finished product!!
    Thank you!!
    I am hooked…

48. Rawal says:

Superb man very easy and great effect don in 5 mints THanks
    That’s my first experience to copy any online published effect but i am photoshop user from 1997
    Thanks again

49. Senny Larry says:

am finding it a little hard, not gettiing what am seeing here.
    *sad face*

50. Jack says:

Great tutorial, had a little problem with Rectangular Marquee part where I selected everything (even the layers) and pressed Ctrl + Shift + I and it would give the message: “Warning: no pixels selected.” but skipped it and got an excellent result. Thanks.

51. adedunbi says:

Wao, great tutorial, thou couldn’t get the lighten background well and perfect as yours but still got the result. The only probs i have is the final instruction culdnt get it well, dont mind if u can put me tru and xplain better, den sent to my mail. Thanks a lot and God bless.

52. atilazz says:

Thanks,
    nice and useful tips.

53. Maricruz says:

league of legends riot points cards

54. hitocage says:

Thanx allot

55. [...] Нарисовать в Photoshop-е картинку как в заголовке оказалось очень просто. Всё счастье в несложном стиле, который можно сохранить для будущих работ. Оригинал урока на английском языке нашёлся по адресу http://webtiago.com/2012/06/perfect-gold-text-effect-in-photoshop/ [...]

56. Nikki says:

AWESOME, thanks for sharing. Very good explanation how to do it as well. These kind of tutorials learn me more about Photoshop tools.

Thanks so much!
    Can’t believe I made this “myself” now :-)

57. Loay says:

Amazing!

58. Rahul says:

Followed the process to the word bt still can’t get sharp crystal refections off the gold layer
    Is this tutorial missing on something?

59. [...] 7. Perfect Gold Text Effect in Photoshop [...]

60. [...] show you how to create a royal gold text effect using layer styles in Photoshop. View Tutorial Perfect Gold Text Effect In Photoshop   Gold and glass effects are the most difficult effects to achieve in Photoshop, even [...]

61. Hello, I enjoy reading through your article. I like to write a little comment to support you.

Here is my homepage – Foot Arch Pain symptoms

62. I am really thankful to the owner of this web page who has shared this fantastic
    piece of writing at at this place.

Here is my web site … Bunion Protectors